NCUC Charter amendment

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Tue Oct 14 18:39:34 CEST 2003

Amendments to the constituency charter can only be voted on at
"regular elections".

One of the amendments necessary is to agree on the percentage of
members required to put a charter amendment on the ballot (it's
either 5 or 10% of current members!) There are other errors in the
charter, and also some procedural issues that I think need clarifying.

However, putting the charter on the ballot now will only confuse the
process of taking nominations and discussion, that's already looking
delayed and unresponsive.

Rather than asking for 5% of members to support putting the charter
up for amendment in the upcoming election, I suggest we hold a
special election in 3 months, when the new Executive Committee
structure is in place.

Could I have some comments on this please.

Many thanks,

Adam