Impending NCUC elections

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Oct 10 00:10:56 CEST 2003

Members:
In the next three weeks, we need to elect a new set of officers,
using the new charter. We need to start nominating people
immediately.

Here are the positions we must fill:

1. Chair. Elected for one year.
Someone to take primary responsibility for administration.
Works with Executive Committee. Eligibility: must be the
official representative of NCUC member organization

2. Executive Committee (EC)
Reviews and oversees various actions of chair, holds votes.
Minimal time commitment, but must be willing to track
EC emails and respond in a timely way to votes or requests.
There will be a special mail list for EC members.
5 positions, one for each ICANN region.
  North America
  Latin America/Caribbean
  Asia Pacific
  Africa
  Europe
Eligibility: must be individuals designated by Members as their Official Representative to the Constituency. Must reside in region
represented.

3. GNSO Council representatives. 2 members,
each from different regions, elected for 2 years.
Probably the most important and visible positions.
Also the most time-consuming. Must call in to monthly
teleconferences, usually to a U.S. NOT toll-free number.
Should go to most ICANN quarterly meetings.
To be effective, must also participate in task force
email lists and teleconferences.

Due to possible change in rules we must elect a third,
alternate Council member. That person probably will
not serve but there is chance that the Board will
retain three representatives per constituency
instead of reducing it to two.

For more detail on the duties and obligations of these positions
see http://www.ncdnhc.org/charter/current_charter.htm

Let the nominations begin!