GNSO notification re: Gabriel Pineiro

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Sat Oct 4 21:12:46 CEST 2003

Thanks, Alejandro,

for the explanation of some background problems.

Living myself in a difficult economic/technical environment, I can
sympathize with the situation of Gabriel. Though it is difficult to
understand that he can communicate "with those he trusts" as you write,
but "without notification of absence to the GNSO secretariat or GNSO
chair or Council list."

We all saw also the mail from the GNSO secretariat, reminding us:

"Please respond to this matter as required by the rules."

And the rules are somewhat harsh, but clear. So what can be the answer
from the NCUC, when we often in the past have been accused of not
respecting the rules, but to move according to the rules?

And please allow me to add here something which I had been concerned
with (and did not see an explanation which would satisfy the concerns of
the NCUC), a point which is hardly related to the difficulties which
Gabriel has at present (for which I have all sympathy): He gave his
proxy vote not to a member of the NCUC, and it was used differently from
what I (and others) think would have been NCUC interests.

It is with this conjunct of concerns that I wrote to Erick (assuming he
might be helpful) - thanks that you took up to answer.

But where do we go from here, so that our - the NCUC voice - is
represented finding a solution "as required by the rules"?

Norbert

==