WHOIS taskforce nominations

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 30 19:43:07 CET 2003

Under our new charter, our new Council representatives,
as Chairs of the Policy Committee, should initiate the process
of assigning NCUC members to Council Task Forces.

Since our election will take place during this crucial 10
day period, I think we have to act now, using the old Council
and Adcom members (me, Chun, and possibly Gabriel).

So I would put forward the following nominations for
the three task forces:

Task Force 1: Data Mining
Milton Mueller

Task Force 2: Data Collection and Privacy
Kathy Kleiman

Task Force 3: Data Accuracy
Fran Wellings, EPIC

Reason for these nominations:
The Task Force 1 will move very fast. Since I was on the
Whois Steering Committee I will be up to speed and
ready to go. Task Force 2 is the most important one.
Kathy Kleiman has been working on that since the
decision to send her to Tunisia, so I hope she is
willing to continue. Task Force 3 involves issues
that EPIC has expertise in.