[council] GNSO website links to GNSO meetingcaptioning and WHOISDescriptions of work

Chun Eung Hwi chun at PEACENET.OR.KR
Thu Oct 30 16:17:00 CET 2003

Dear Milton Mueller, Adam Peake and others,

Thank you!
I will continue to commit what I could do in our constituency.
Really honorable if I could help new team to be elected.
I met Glen a few hours ago, then I heard that they should check out the
integrity of email addresses. After they check it out, ballots would be
sent out.

A few information and observation;

- Paul Twomey and his new team seems to launch very successful ICANN II -
it is the term he love to use. He gave a very good impression on GAC
members. His staffs are consulting very sincerely with constituencies.

- Paul Twomey is planning to set up regional small offices, and the first
will be set in Europe, Brussel. He described that that strategy is to
provide information and communication with those parties who have concerns
on ICANN and funding and the development of ALAC.

- Web site is being revised. It looks more friendly and better.
http://redesign.chicago.icann.org/

- PDP in Bylaw timespan is very challenging. If we could not respond to
send our representative to all TFs or not to be able to input, we would be
easily lost in most games.

- In last board meeting, they seemed to be very reluctant to roll out the
new round of a few sTLDs. That has become one of serious challenges from
the community. There is one rumor that some sponsored TLDs will be
selected. And two companies that are ready for that bidding contacted me.
The one is .travel and the other is .mobile (Nokia)

- At the Board, some people seem to be very favorable to our constituency.
Veni Markovski was a member of our constituency. And Roberto Gaetano has
become ALAC liason of Board.

regards,

Chun

Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr