Jisuk Woo's qualifications for GNSO Council

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 20 16:33:53 CEST 2003

Since Professor Woo has not been active on this list
I have prepared a short list of her qualifications for the
GNSO Council seat. This is my way of expressing support
for her candidacy.

Prof. Woo has a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania,
a J.D. from New York University Law School, and a B.A.
from Yonsei University in Seoul. She currently is Assistant
Professor and the Graduate School of Public Administration
at Seoul National University.

She has published a book "Law and Computer Programs:
The Role of Communication in Legal Structure" (2001), and
numerous scholarly articles about mass communication
and Internet policy.

For several years she worked as a researcher at the
Korean Information Society Development Institute (KISDI).
She has been a legal advisor to the Korean Broadcasting
Commission, a member of the Internet Domain Name
Dispute Committee of South Korea, and a UDRP panelist
for WIPO.

It is excellent for NCUC to be able to put up someone
with these qualifications for the Council seat.

--MM