nomination

antiropy at WWW.JINBO.NET antiropy at WWW.JINBO.NET
Sat Oct 18 05:47:18 CEST 2003

Hello, all

I'm Oh, Byoung-il, an official representative of Jinbonet.

On behalf of Jinbonet, I am glad to nominate our member - Dr. Wu Jisuk for
Council representative of NCUC. And according to our charter, I designate
her as official representative of our organization. Please change
alternate representative into myself and make me remain in this list. Dr.
Wu's email address can be found in Cc: receipient of this mail header.

Although she has not known well to most NCUC members, she has had a deep
concern on ICANN particularly for some policy issues like UDRP and Whois
for last a couple of years. She also has been in a few previous ICANN
meetings including at least one NCDNHC meeting.

She studied Communication (Ph.D) and Law (J.D), and is now serving as a
professor in the field of "internet regulation and law" and "media policy
and law" in Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National Univ.
In intellectual property rights related issues, one of her major concerns,
she takes very balanced position in considering user's rights. Even in
most other internet related or other public policy issues, she has
coherently been taking the side of users and public interest. In this
regard, her contribution has been very unique in Korean civil society
movement.
I believe that she could contribute even to NCUC with her excellent expertise.

Oh, Byoung-il

Byoung-il, Oh  (antiropy at www.jinbo.net)
Korean Progressive Network 'Jinbonet'
http://www.jinbo.net