Contributions to ICANN

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 9 16:18:43 CEST 2003

Right. In terms of ICANN's real budget, the constituency that
pays the most is not a constituency: domain name registrants.
However, the taxes to support ICANN are extracted from
registrars and registries rather than directly from end users

>>> Chun Eung Hwi <chun at PEACENET.OR.KR> 10/09/03 04:58AM >>>
Dear Horacio Cadiz,

The status of GNSO constituency contribution could be found at
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc12/msg00284.html

and ICANN budget can be found at
http://www.icann.org/financials/proposed-budget-17may03.htm

Then, GNSO budget is only for GNSO administration. It is not included in
ICANN budget.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Horacio T. Cadiz wrote:

>    Can anyone point me to a document which details how
> much each constituency contributes to ICANN.  Am interested
> in the break down and the total ICANN budget. Thanks.

> * Horacio T. Cadiz    | Open Source. No Gates. No Windows.  *
> * hcadiz AT ph.net    | It is Open. No Bill. It is Free.    *
> *       Philippine Network Foundation, Inc (PHNET)          *

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr