This is interesting.

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 2 02:38:36 CEST 2003

This is very interesting.  For those who have not followed the link,
NetworkSolutions (the Verisign registrar side of the house) is advocating privacy of
WHOIS information.  I applaud the effort -- but provide a word of caution.
NetSol's major goal is **elimination of bulk access** to WHOIS data -- now
required by ICANN contract (it costs them money; better for the data to be
proprietary).

My concern is **single WHOIS entries** are extremely important to
noncommercial organizations and noncommercial communication online.   I don't think our
privacy from governments who hate our political positions, stalkers, harassers,
and others should be compromised because we register a domain name.

Regards,
Kathryn Kleiman