Council term for two years

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Sat Nov 22 06:32:01 CET 2003

JISUK WOO is an Assistant Professor in the Department of
Communication at Seoul Women's University. Her main research
interests are media law and policy and Internet regulation including
copyright, privacy, obscenity and free expression, and Internet
governance. She is on the E-commerce Mediation Committee, the
Personal Information Dispute Resolution Committee, the Korea
Commercial Arbitration Board, and the Regulatory Reform Committee of
the the Korea Broadcasting Commission. Woo has also been a Principal
Researcher at the Korea Information Society Development Institute.
Her publications include Copyright Law and Computer Programs: The
Role of Communication in Legal Structure (Garland Publishing); The
Construction of Science and Knowledge in Courts: Use of Scientific
Evidence and Experts in Software Copyright Cases in Science
Communication (March); Challenge of the Internet: Copyright Law and
Innovation Policy in Telecommunications Transformation: Technology,
Strategy, and Policy edited by Erik Bohlin and Stanford L. Levin (IOS
Publications). Woo holds a B.A. in Mass Communication and Economics
from Yonsei University, an M.A. and Ph.D. in Communication from the
Annenberg School at the University of Pennsylvania and a J.D. from
New York University.

Biography above from a meeting a colleague attended.

Carlos Afonso was recently selected by the civil society participants
to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) as one of the
two people to represent civil society in the opening ceremony of this
United Nations Summit. We hope Carlos will speak alongside Kofi
Annan, a representative of the world's governments (a head of state)
and a representative of the Private Sector.

We are extremely lucky to have such very well qualified people
representing the NCUC on the names council.  I hope they will be able
to find time to work with us.

Thanks,

Adam