Battle over .ua will continue

Eric S Johnson johnson at INTERNEWS.FR
Wed Nov 26 17:43:24 CET 2003

greetings carlos (in another venue than our discussion yesterday ;-),

> It would be interesting to know more details on this. Is this
> Hostmaster
> company a Ukranian firm?

yes. it's run by people much like your Getschko. in fact, Getschko is a
ukrainian surname ;-)))

> wizards, Demi Getschko). In several of these cases, of
> course, a proper
> national governance has been created (like in Brazil, again)
> and took care
> of this sort of "random" way to delegate domains.

we (through our GIPI project) have been involved in creating similar ccTLD
national governance structures in several countries. we even created a guide
for how to do it based on our experience, available upon request (it might
be on www.internetpolicy.net).

i've asked our ukraine GIPI staff if they'd be willing to comment to our
list about the UA situation.

best,
eric