NCUC election results

Iliya Nickelt iliya at GMX.DE
Wed Nov 19 10:16:39 CET 2003

> "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org> 11/17/03
> There was one request for a ballot to
> be sent to an alternate address because it was claimed that wrong
> email address had been used.  Strictly speaking, that ballot should
> not have been sent, but it was anyway.

Just for info: That resent ballot was mine. The original ballot was
eaten by a spam filter that I could not influence. So I asked the
secretariat to send it to another address of mine (in a PGP-signed
letter, btw.). I mention this because spam filters are getting very
popular and it eventually might happen to others, too.

I hate it to have to begin my duty with another topic, but correct
elections can be something very important. At
http://medjerda.icann.org/gnso/non-commercial/ncuc-4nov03.htm you can
see that a number of people voted for more than one EC candidate. In
my understanding these votes for Comittee members would have to be
disregarded, or do I misunderstand the term "Cast one vote"? Even
with those votes I fail to count 7 votes for me, but only 6 (I have
not checked the others)

The alternative result would be:
Horacio T. Cadiz, PHNet                 6
Chris Chiu, ACLU                                        5
Iliya Nickelt-Czycykowski, VOV          1
Valerie Gordon, Jamaica SDNP    4

We have 6 years of experience with email-ballots at the VOV and
decided that it is best to go through them by hand once more.
However, the exec committee is elected, one way or the other, so
there is no need for action because of this. Maybe the programmer of
the counting script should take another look at it. Or was that
outsourced to Diebold? ;-)

This seems to be "trouble-with-email"-month. Thanks for the vote(s)
and I hope to cause less confusion next time.

        --iliya