Important: term of Council members

Chun Eung Hwi chun at PEACENET.OR.KR
Wed Nov 19 08:21:46 CET 2003

Ummm....
Everybody is keeping silence!

My personal thinking is this.

Marc Schneiders is fully entitled to work for two year and it would be
better for our constituency given his excellent knowledge and experience
of ICANN reality. I think our constituency members will soon feel that he
is necessary person for our constituency in his working term.

Relatively, Mrs Wu is a primer in ICANN process in a sense. So, quite
frankly, at least for one year, she could not be so active. And through my
own experience, it is not easy to catch up with what is happening in
ICANN/GNSO if the person don't be familiar with the whole dynamics and
working way. Therefore, I think we should give her one more opportunity to
contribute more practically. It must be reasonable and fair. Of course,
this decision absolutely depends on their mind. And I don't think we
should have run-off for this. I want to hear Milton and Marc for this.

regards,

Chun

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Milton Mueller wrote:

> One issue we need to clear up. One of these three needs to
> be appointed for a two-year term, the others for a one-year
> term. Since there is a tie between the top two vote-getters,
> there is no easy way to resolve this.
>
> The best would be if one of the two top vote getters
> would volunteer to be a one-termer. Marc or Jisuk?
>
> Marc Schneiders: 25
> Jisuk Woo: 25
> Carlos Afonso: 18

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr