New registry services (Jisuk,Carlos,Marc - please note)

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Sat Nov 8 00:58:14 CET 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, at 08:52 [=GMT+0900], Chun Eung Hwi wrote:

> > > Right. I see what you mean. SiteFinder definitely is not a service to
> > > ..com/.net registration customers.
> >
> > So the whole topic of 'new registry services' has nothing (or not
> > much) to do with it. So why the hurry?
>
> Anyhow, Sitefinder case is one registry's service and the present contract
> was used to make some sanction on that. And here, the issue of procedure
> for initiating new registry service has come up. Why so super-hurry?
> Council decided to roll out new PDP on that and PDP requires so
> super-hurry actions. PDP timeframe is very challenging and to be reviewed
> soon.
>
> Milton is right. ICANN management and staff aren't doing it unilaterally.
> They are trying to be more interactive. Excerpt from Draft Version of
> Staff Manager¡¯s Issues Report is also based on consituencies' comments in
> Carthage. That's why now constituencies' comments are required for the
> issue report.
>
> I agree to Milton's initial short statement proposal because it is
> focusing our concerns.

It is not that I refuse to see the point. What I refuse is to be
tricked into agreeing to a set of leading questions (in lieu of a
proper problem description), based on an incident that has only
vaguely to do with the issue of the PDP. The conclusion of the whole
thing should be that Verisign tricked us into a topic that has nothing
to do with Sitefinder, because it is _not_ a new service, but an abuse
of an old service.

This whole text is of the level of "Why did you beat your wife?".