NCUC at WSIS

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Wed Dec 17 11:30:00 CET 2003

I seem to have lost YJ's email. If anyone has it, please let me know. I
could not be at the Internet governance caucus presentation and would like
to get a copy of her presentation.

[]s fraternos

--c.a.

At 08:12 PM 12/16/2003, Milton Mueller wrote:
>ICANN became a big issue at WSIS, as the Summit decided to
>create a  Working Group selected by the UN Secretary-General
>to discuss the role of governments in ICANN. For my interpretation
>of some activities and issues surrounding WSIS, see
>http://www.icannwatch.org/
>
> From the NCUC, the following people were at the World Summit
>on the Information Society (WSIS)
>
>Carlos Afonso, Brazil, was a featured speaker at a civil society plenary
>
>Hans Klein, CPSR, spoke about ICANN at a side event on Global
>Governance regimes.
>
>Y.J. Park, Korea,was co-coordinator of civil society's Internet
>Governance caucus and presided over one of the meetings. Park
>also delivered a paper on ICANN at the International Research
>Forum on Development
>
>Milton Mueller, USA, participated in two Internet Governance caucus
>meetings of the civil society section. He also delivered a talk on the
>NCUC before a meeting of the Social Science Research Network
>
>Adam Peake, Japan, was active in the Internet governance
>caucus
>
>Thierry Amoussogbo, Benin, was in Geneva for WSIS

===
Carlos A. Afonso
diretor de planejamento e estratégia
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
http://www.rits.org.br