Comment, please!

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Tue Dec 16 21:35:56 CET 2003

Hi Marc and all,

The TR says the TF has to seek "The development of a "quick-look"
procedure for quick approval of changes that do not harm the legitimate
interests of third parties, threaten stability or security, nor
contravene any existing ICANN policy."

Here is the riddle: the delays (in my opinion, any request for rule
changes from operators and sponsors must be analyzed carefully) are
precisely caused by the process of deciding if the requests "do not harm
the legitimate interests of third parties, threaten stability..." and so
on. After this is verified, a "quick-look" should be trivial in either
saying yes or no, or even a yes/no with modifications.

I think we should worry about the very process of deciding which changes
are "harmful" and which ones are not and how to expedite decisions here.

rgds

--c.a.

--

Carlos Alberto Afonso