[dow1tf] Clarification of participation in WHOIS task force calls by alternates

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Fri Dec 19 17:46:49 CET 2003

(I have trimmed the cc's)

During yesterday's teleconference of the council, I spoke up and
indicated I was not happy with the solution, esp. not since it meant
coming back upon an earlier compromise. Given the fact that other
constituencies saw no problems, it was a lost battle to oppose it
100%. I was glad that the chair made two things very clear, when I
asked:

1. Multiple reps participating in the discussion is not allowed, just
giving a fact occasionally
2. If a chair of a TF allows opinions to go as facts, people can
complain with the council