Selectivity on website ICANN (Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] [Fwd: Harold Feld's Resignation from NCDNHC Evaluation Team])

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Sep 7 02:17:10 CEST 2002

At 01:58 AM 9/7/2002 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>Eagerly I was awaiting your reply to messages by Barbara Simons about the
>selectivity of ICANN's webmaster, a topic to which you already
>contributed. Until now I assumed you were out of your office. Now I fear
>you may not have received the messages. Would you care to respond to
>Barbara questions?

Marc,

Like most people, Alejandro does not have an infinite amount of time, so it
is important that people assigning tasks to him put some effort into
prioritizing those assignments, and that they pay some attention to the
total amount of time Alejandro might have available.

So before you or Barbara demand that Alejandro devote his -- and other
people's -- time to Barbara's assignment, you need to provide some
justification for the need and some ranking of this task, relative to the
other duties of an ICANN board member.

Failure to provide such an analysis might be taken as an indication that
the question was not really serious, that it has no real importance, that
no one cares about Alejandro's time, and that it was just a whimsical bit
of controversy.

I'm sure you would not want that.

d/