[ncdnhc-discuss] (no subject)

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at club-internet.fr
Tue Sep 3 04:14:40 CEST 2002

NO WAY!
--------------
With respect to the two delegates named by large and small business users,
the Business Constituency has proposed that, since it consists of both
large and small businesses and business organizations, it could reasonably
be the source of both the large and small business delegates. We note that
there are today no existing "Large" or "Small" Business Constituencies,
just a "Business" Constituency. While we understand that some steps have
been taken to begin organizing a "Small" Business Constituency, we also
note that many of the business organizations that are members of the
Business Constituency do claim to represent large numbers of both large and
small businesses (both directly and through globally distributed
association membership). Thus, while we encourage all efforts to expand the
representation of businesses globally, we believe that an appropriate and
practical short-term solution is to allow the existing Business
Constituency to select two delegates to the Nominating Committee, one
demonstrably reflecting large business interests and perspectives and the
other those of small businesses. If and when any new constituencies are
recognized by the ICANN Board (which would of course require a showing that
they would adequately represent the interests globally of the entities they
purport to represent), this issue can be revisited.

It would require a showing that the BC adequately represents globally the
interests of the Business entities they purport to represent. It certainly
represents Telcos and sTLDs.

I have left the BC after two years deonstrating they do not give a dam
about small businesses. To share in the ERC announced SME constituency.

I suggest that every entrepreneur on the GA and ALSC join forces with Danny
Younger to support the charter of the SME constituency.

jfc