[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Deletes Task Force

Alexander Svensson svensson at icannchannel.de
Tue Oct 8 17:49:59 CEST 2002

At 08.10.2002 21:10, Adam Peake wrote:
>Appropriately inspired, thanks Danny (<http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20021005.html>), I'll volunteer.  But, to be honest (like the rest of the constituency?) I'm not
>very excited by the issue.

Wouldn't we all like to be on the team that ignores the document? ;)

Anyway, I don't think this is a highly controversial issue, but
an important one for lots of domain holders, including of
course non-commercial ones. It's about
-- how easily you can lose your domain if someone complains about
   incorrect Whois data
-- how you are alerted to the fact that you might lose your
   domain name (because your registration has expired and you
   somehow don't get the notices)
-- whether an inadvertent deletion of the domain name during
   a specific period can be undone or not and
-- when registrars have to release domain names when the
   registration period ends

It's a bread and butter consumer issue, but if you read a few
of the "this stuff has actually happened" horror stories (or
if you lose your organizations' domain name yourself), you'll
see the importance of it.

So, thanks to Adam for (almost-)volunteering! :)

Best regards,
/// Alexander