[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN | .org Reassignment: Applicant Comments | 1 October 2002 (fwd)

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Oct 7 05:51:42 CEST 2002

Dear David,

according to what I remember, the group to review the .org applicaions was
formed after Stuart Lynn's invitation, and the Non-Commercial Domain Name
Holders Constituency was asked for volunteers. Again, without going back to the
records, I think that anyone who was a NCC member and volunteered was made to
be a member of the group. There may have been adjustments for geographic
diversity, which is a standaard concern in the NCC.

I do not remember we made it a requirement that the group had to come back
to the membership for ratificaion, but they became members of the group by a
public process, and I did not see any reason not to trust their work and its
results, which are on public record.

And the results can be discussed - personally I prefer to discuss the
contents of the result of this work, and not suspend discussion on some imporant
points raised relating to the content, by holding everything back with a
procedural question (which, I think, is not to the point in this case anyway).

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia: www.forum.org.kh