[ncdnhc-discuss] DNSO "dues" and voting rights

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Thu Oct 3 16:40:32 CEST 2002

hfeld at mediaaccess.org (Thu 10/03/02 at 10:13 AM -0400):

> We are overdue because (1) The invoice from ICANN for the dues was sent
> just after NCDNHC elections and NC sent it to the outgoing NC reps.  As
> a result, we did not even know an invoice had been issued until we got
> an overdue notice in June.  (2) We have not been able to work out an
> adequate method for invoicing and collecting dues. (3) We have been
> fairly busy with the ICANN reform issues and .org transition.

i'll also point out that the invoice i received (and paid) was delivered
in the truly remarkable form of a 2.2MB PDF -- a bad scan of one page of
paper with probably not more than 200 words of text. granted, the band-
width situation has changed for many people, so this wasn't necessarily
the disastrous breach of netiquette it would have been several years ago.
but, still, that kind of technical cluelessness hardly encourages confi-
dence that ICANN staff is in touch with the networks it purports to co-
ordinate on a technical level.

cheers,