Fw: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN approves new bylaws that eschew public elections

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 1 09:56:53 CET 2002

I would allege that under the original terms of the contract that ICANN had
set a level of expectation and commitment for individual involvement based
on their founding by laws and stated practices. Any changes in that, if the
contract from NTIA did indeed rely on those aspects, could potentially
render the contract void or unenforceable.

Further, the damages are felt by all of ICANN's constituencies when ICANN
disperses or reallocates large resource like TLD's.

I don't want to argue the finer points of law with you, as I am not a
lawyer. But it just seems to me that if the contract was leveraged against
the structure and practices of ICANN, that changing the structure and form
of ICANN could potentially invalidate that contract. That's all

Todd