[ncdnhc-discuss] Board retreats and fully transparent process for ICANN

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue May 28 17:27:18 CEST 2002

At 07:05 AM 5/28/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>Some of us remember civics lessons.

James, no doubt you had some useful purpose in mind, when writing that
paragraph, but it was quite irrelevant to the current discussion.

>No one would object if the ICANN board decided to hold a closed session to
>discuss matters that need to be confidential, such as a personnel matter, a
>trade secret, or some other appropriate things.

You are wrong that no one would object.  This is ICANN.  Folks are very
good at always objecting.  It is significant that you feel comfortable
making such firm assurances when it is clear they do not hold.

And I note that you continue to provide no examples of EQUIVALENT
organizations that are required to conform to the specific rules you are
seeking.

d/