[ncdnhc-discuss] Board Positions on .ORG; Answers from V.Cerf-- full text

James Love love at cptech.org
Sat Mar 30 00:06:59 CET 2002

Michael, regardless of what national law might be, there is still value in
having the registry explain if there is any policy regarding how the TLD
should be perceived, in terms of the UDRP rules regarding confusion.  If the
TLD is designed to provide a space for non-commerical domain holders (losely
defined), and the registry say that use of a string on the .org TLD for non
commercial purposes was an appropriate and indeed an expected use of the
TLD, and therefore one should not automatically enforce a commerical
trademark in .org, this would be both helpful and responsible.

 Jamie