[ncdnhc-discuss] Board Positions on .ORG; Answers from V.Cerf -- full text

vint cerf vinton.g.cerf at wcom.com
Sat Mar 23 21:55:13 CET 2002

that's in interesting proposal. The trademark world tends to view any
potential dilution or weakening of a mark to be risky so I don't know
whether a formulation such as you suggest would work but it is an
interesting idea. Of course, one might experience abuse of such an
arrangement if someone registered coca-cola.org or kodak.org and
used the site in a way that really did cause confusion as to the
operator of the site, association or not with the known trademark, etc.
So one would also need a way to deal with that, I guess.

Have you tried this idea out on the business constituency of DNSO?

vint