[ncdnhc-discuss] what IF

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 22 20:35:14 CET 2002

Dear Jim,
I thank you for your analysis. What you basically say is that should the
ICANN be blown up,

1. the Registrars and Registries would - at the end of the day - be of more
under direct yet boring concern of the DoC, so probably under Congress and
Justice scrutiny. What is good for us.

2. the TLDs would quickly form a working group to keep the DoC informed of
the root updates and no more TLDs would be added. This means no more risk
of artifical collision with open TLDs.

3. IP allocation would continue being "manipulated" (if it is the right
word) but more transparently and two additional NICs would be formed to the
benefit of the Internet community. This sounds positive, and the real issue
being IPv6, probably Asia and Europe would be the leaders anyway.

Does anyone see any reason why we want to keep the ICANN?
Jefsey