[ncdnhc-discuss] Participation without representation?

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Sun Mar 17 12:17:10 CET 2002

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> On 09:02 15/03/02, Dany Vandromme said:
> >Frax stated that they were going to neither pay the membership fee, nor
> >propose a different representative. From the last mail with Jefsey, I
> >understood that the problem was closed.
>
> Certainly not :-) What is proposed to me is to pay and to get far less than
> Kent: no vote. I only see that Dany is retaliating against me because he
> failed to his word to have Kent voted against. I am only surprised that
> Dany has support aganst me and not against Kent. I wander about the
> reason:  Kent and me are represeinting a small business to the BC, Kent and
> me are quiet sailors, Kent and me share some experience of the DNS with
> wiews non approved by AdComm members.... May it is because Kent is now from
> the Staff? Or because the Frax is DNS Internet oriented (from what I just
> read, sorry Marc, but this now count).
-
Hi Jefsey,
I am not sure I understand all this wording. I should maybe spend mor
time to read all these mail, but I do not have such availability.
I am not concerned with Kent status as ICANN staff member, since my
position was set before that, only because the Individual Kent Crispin
(and the Invidual Jefsey Morin) should not be allowed to vote both as BC
actor and NCDNHC actor.
As I said before, as NCDNHC member, I am not opposing to Frax or Potter
Yachter as organisation, just to their representatives. So far Kent
refused to ask Potter Yachter to desigante another rep, and you closed
the topic about Frax.

I do not want to spend more time with this, because it is not useful.
The concept of organisation is something which needs some refinement in
the NCDNHC charter, and we all agree with that. The current debate shows
perfectly well the limit of the current definition, for those
individuals who hide themselves behind the screen of an organisation,
that they want to use exclusively for their own speech.

Cheers
Dany

PS: I said before, the ruling for this should not be dealt only with US
centric cases and exemples. NCDNHC is supposed to represent a much wider
set of international stakeholders, and it is just not relevant to waste
our time with US laws, for this problem at least.
-

> Anyway, this list would be dull without this Pax & Frotter story :-)

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE