[ncdnhc-discuss] Org divestiture: not a new gTLD-typeprocess

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu Mar 14 21:43:46 CET 2002

One would have to read the bids. It depends on what they propose.
It depends on how much support each one has from the
noncommercial community.

Obviously in any "beauty contest" type of selection process,
which ICANN's management will not let us get out of, there will
be a subjective element. But there are clear criteria for
excluding bids that, say, propose to restrict dot org or
is a purely commercial entity or doesn't have any support.

>>> "James Love" <love at cptech.org> 03/14/02 03:09PM >>>
Ok.  Two groups bid to get .org.     Jamie and friends in one group.
Milton and friends in another group.  Who gets the bid and why?  Jamie