[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] 2002 1st Adcom MeetingReport!

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Mar 9 02:11:32 CET 2002

>>> "James Love" <love at cptech.org> 03/07/02 21:39 PM >>>
> 3.  From the message you posted earlier, it does not > appear as if only Ad Com members can serve on all
> the TF that the Ad Com filled. And of course,
> you appointed some non-ad com members, like Milton,
> who is no longer on the Ad Com.

I want to make it clear to Jamie and to other
members that:

1. I will not be on ANY NAmes Council TFs.

2. The new Adcom made an innocent mistake in asking me
to remain on the .org Task Force and a UDRP Task
Force.

The .org Task Force is done, so it no one is
on it. Certainly I could not chair it anyway because
NC rules do not allow TFs to be chaired by non-
members of the Names Council. Adcom may have been
confused when I told them that the ORG TF may need
to reconstitute when the staff issues a RFP for
.org. The Names Council will have to review that
RFP. If it is in bad shape, I would urge our NC
representatives to reconstitute the ORG TF and
have it chaired by Harold.

I am only serving as co-chair of the UDRP Task
Force on a transitional basis, until the new
committee members can elect a new chair. This is
not a decision our Adcom members made, it was a
decision of the Names Council. As I explained
to the new Adcom, I hope that one of our NC members
will be elected the new co-chair when Caroline
Chicoine and I are replaced.