[ncdnhc-discuss] What about 5 (or more) ICANNs?

James Love love at cptech.org
Tue Mar 5 17:13:43 CET 2002

I think Chris Bailey raises a number of important issues in his missive.
There may be a number of issues where different cultures, nations or regions
have fundamental disagreements, or might just have different ways of doing
things.   Much of the problems come from the movement to centralize decision
making.  This one size fits all approach leads to a lot of conflict, and
attracts people who seek to control the Internet in ways that should have
nothing to do with the DNS.

Perhaps the "solution" is to push for much greater decentralization of
decision making.  Maybe 5 (or more) regional ICANNs could negotiate with
each other, but maintain some independence too.

  Jamie