[ncdnhc-discuss] .org issue

James Love love at cptech.org
Mon Mar 18 06:21:22 CET 2002

I ask that the following issue be addressed in the .org designation.  I
would like to see some understanding that ICANN considers .org to normally
be for use by not for profit entities, rather than for businesses, and that
this should be taken into account in UDRP decisions.

I note for example that the domain I use for Consumer Project on Technology,
is CPTech.org.     There are also:

CPTech.Net  - Cathodic Protection Technology, Pte Lid,
CPTech.Com  -  Corporate Technologies, Inc.

I have not bothered to register a trademark in CPTech, althought in the US I
might be able to claim a common law trademark.   But more generally, I
believe the fact that I registered in .org makes it clear that this is not
a corporate for profit domain.  I would like to make sure that this
understanding is
recognized by the UDRP.  Some people that had .net registrations had
problems when NetSol dropped the understanding that .net would be for
networks.

Jamie