Blokzijl (Re: COI (was Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] nomcom))

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Jun 23 20:06:28 CEST 2002

At 12:04 PM 6/23/2002 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>I think the community is owed a statement about the effect of the ISOC
>application.  Who will be recused and how much from what?

Rather than placing a broad, unspecified burden on a broad, unspecified
group of people, you should consider your own obligation to provide
specific questions, about specific issues, for specific people.

That way, there is a chance of getting meaningful dialogue, rather than
simply creating yet another opportunity for making broad, unspecified attacks.

The philosophy that has a participant feeling comfortable constantly
assigning work to others -- especially when the assignment itself is not
well specified -- and then complaining when it is not performed to their
satisfaction has the inherent flaw that it views those others as a free,
infinite resource.

Do some of the work yourself, Michael.

d/