[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Jun 7 19:33:45 CEST 2002

At 01:21 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>
>: By contrast, Kent's time and money spend on ICANN work is his own,
>personal time and money.
>
>     Dave, according to ICANN, Kent works for ICANN.
>http://www.icann.org/general/abouticann.htm   Has this changed recently?

1.  Kent has been doing ICANN-related work for years.  He joined the staff
quite recently.  Please try not to deflect from the fact that he had
self-funded involvement for years.

2.  Kent's ICANN staff work concerns internal computing and networking
administration.  He is not part of policy-making staff.  My impression is
that, in fact, he is not part of those discussions at all.

3.  Kent's participation in these constituency-based policy discussions
continues to be self-funded.  ICANN does not pay for his time or expenses
for any of this effort.

So I notice that you have predictably ignored my observation that your
ENTIRE involvement is paid for by your job.  What a surprise.

You have no personal stake in this activity at all, very much in contrast
to Kent's community-oriented -- and, by the way, technically informed --
involvement.

d/