[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Jun 4 19:24:34 CEST 2002

At 09:58 PM 6/3/2002 -0400, Don Heath wrote:
>At 11:19 PM 6/3/02 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>>I've been told that ISOC just rewrote it rules so that individual members
>>no longer vote to elect directors, and the voting rights are for sale to
>>corporate conributors.
>
>At this point all that was done was to suspend election of Trustees by
>Individual members, for 2002.

1.  ISOC has open discussion lists for ISOC topics.

2.  It is not the job of the NCDNHC to evaluate applicants for TLDs.  For
that matter, there are no applications, yet, for .ORG.

So, this entire thread has no utility other than as yet another excuse to
complain about how unfair the world is.

So, there is nothing constructive to accomplish by responding, other than
feeding the flames of that distracting discontent.

d/