[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Trashing Our Founding Principles

Marc Schneiders marc at fuchsia.bijt.net
Tue Jun 4 02:37:04 CEST 2002

Danny, Jamie, others,

It would be amazing, if the ICANN top did not have the blessing of the USG
already for their reform plan. I don't think the ICANN board consists of
gamblers. Trying to convince the USG seems a waste of time therefore.

Since ICANN is now developing into an organization run by the suppliers
only, the consumers/users have no other option than to organize in a
parallel organization, which will demand a part of the 'power'. This will
not be easy. Unfortunately I see no other way though.

In principle the Internet is not made up of suppliers and consumers.
However, if some users (Intellectual Property owners e.g.) start to behave
as suppliers, the others cannot let them grab the power under the disguise
of them being the only 'stakeholders'. Especially not since this
experiment in industry self-regulation, called ICANN, manages a cartel.

--
Marc @ ICOULD .ORG