[ncdnhc-discuss] Motion

Harold J. Feld hfeld at mediaaccess.org
Wed Jun 5 19:08:47 CEST 2002

On today's conference call, I was asked to prepare a formal resolution
for the Budget Committee, with an understanding that Roger will set a
relatively tight deadline for a vote so that we may resolve this issue
expeditiously.

Motion: The Budget Committee recommends to the Names Council that the
Non-Commercial Domain Name Holder Consticuency has shown adequate cause
why it has not paid the balance due on its 2001 invoice.  Accordingly,
the Budget Committee recommends that the Names Council waive the
sanctions that would result from failure to pay the balance due on the
2001 invoice.

I would like to make clear that this motion only addresses the issue of
sanctions.  It does not address the question of whether the Names
Council should forgive the remaining amount due on the 2001 invoice.

Harold Feld