[ncdnhc-discuss] Re : [Implementation of Evolution and Reform] Another Exploration?

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at club-internet.fr
Mon Jul 29 18:34:07 CEST 2002

At 16:14 29/07/02, todd glassey wrote:
>Dear YJ,
>The Governments have no specific role: tThey have legitimacy and law over
>what is national. ITU has legitimacy from Govs over what is international.
>ICANN has legitimacy and delegation over what comes from the USG in the
>Internet (.arpa today still leading sub-namespace) .
>
>EXCEPT WHEN THE ITU'S SERVICES VIOLATE LOCAL REGULATION, TREATY, OR LAW.

Please indicate example which stayed. The point is not the violation. The
point is the lack of correction. Treaties come first, before laws. ITU
comes from a treaty.

>The question is to know where the other legitimacies and capacities will
>house themselves. This is clearly defined in the initial agreements and in
>the very nature of what is a root name (ie the root of the names of a
>sub-namspace into another sub-namespace and subsequently/originally -
>depending on the project - in the global namespace).
>
>WHY IS IT NECESSARY THAT THERE ONLY BE ONEGLOBAL NAMESPACE.

unless you have two brains, there is only one global table made of all the
combinations of 257 ascii printable characters plus dot. with no double dot
and last character a dot.This the global name space. The final dot (root)
means that you are to read it the otherway around (the root is at the end
instead of at the begining). Nothing very complex to uderstand.

>THIS IS A MISNOMER AND LIE LEFT OVER FROM THE OLD DAYS WHEN THE ARPANET
>AND NSFNETS WERE SMALL ENOUGH TO EXIST UNDER A SINGLE ROOT, BUT TODAY'S
>INTERNET CANNOT POSSIBILITY DEAL WITH THE IP NAME-ISSUE'S AND NAME
>COLLISSIONS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO OPERATE MULTIPLE ROOTS.

The root of the namespace is the dot, meaning an empty space. Nothing to do
with ARPA and NFS? Just the way a database starts being empty before you
add the first entry.

>PERSONALLY, I THINK  THAT ITS  THE ARROGANCE THAT REFUSES TO ADDRESS THIS
>AND FORCES THE ISSUES INTO A LARGER  FORUM, THAT IS REALLY THE KEY TO THE
>DETRIMENT NOW FACING THE GROWTH AND NATIONALIZATION OF THE VARIOUS
>INTERNETS.

There are as many global internet as Internet participants (in the
ENglish.French meaning of the "global" word). The ultimate decision belongs
to the user, the only thing is to permit him the decision, what Mr. Gates
is not really excited about. Otherwise the "RESOLV.INI" file would be
easily accessible on DOS/Windows. :-)
jfc

PS. BTW not really complex to get half of the world resolving on
alt(sic)roots. I am only surprised no one tried :-)  You should certainly
know how to do it? Mr. Gates recently gave himself the right to legally
make it ....