[ncdnhc-discuss] Competition and the ORG report

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 19 09:48:00 CET 2002

On 03:54 19/01/02, Milton Mueller said:
>".  Urges the Board to increase competition and
>diversity and encourage new investment in the
>provision of gTLD registry services, by ensuring the
>market position of existing dominant providers are not
>entrenched nor enhanced through participation in,
>taking an interest in, or contracting to deliver
>critical services to, the new .org management
>organisation."

This text would be perfect if "providers" was replaced
by "actors" as:

1. Verisign is not the provider of anything of its own:
     it is only the contractual operator of a service
     specified by others.

2. my main concern is that Staff does not take a
     political and/or financial advantage from the .org
     divestiture to the detriment of the .org registrants,
     of the NCDNHC, of the whole Internet community.

Jefsey