[ncdnhc-discuss] Payment

KathrynKL at aol.com KathrynKL at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 02:36:42 CET 2002

This payment situation is troubling.  The intent was never, of course, to
make anyone pay for banking transfers, wire transfers, etc (with their
overhead of $50-$75).   I have checked with ACM, which provides discounted
fees to members in developing countries, and most people use credit cards.

We now have representatives from many countries attending our NCC and the
ICANN meetings worldwide.  I assume that everyone is using credit cards for
the airline tickets, hotel payments, etc.  Is it possible for an individual
member to receive the $25. in local funds, and then go ahead and pay the fee
on a personal credit card?  Another option might be travelers checks in US
currency.  Possible?

Since everyone seems to believe that the $25.00 is doable, then this is a
logistical problem I am sure we can solve.

regards, kathy kleiman
acm-igp