[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: ORG divestiturepolicy nears completion!

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 6 22:48:08 CET 2002

On 00:43 06/01/02, Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales said:
>Because, lets say that XYZ non-profit organization decides to apply.
>XYZ probabley is an organization stablished already for non-profit
>purposes several years ago and now they are applying
>to .ORG.

I would be happy you could tell me a name of an which organization could do
that. A non profit is established with a purpose and get tax exemptions for
that reason. Managing a TLD is not exactly the kind of task that fits with
NGO existing charters. I would be glad if you could point out to me a
non-profit organization established for several years by .org holders to
the end among others "to organize, operate and develop network related
services to the main benefit of non-profit organizations".

Jefsey