[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI: At Large Study Committee solicitation

Alexander Svensson svensson at icannchannel.de
Wed Jan 30 04:09:29 CET 2002

| Establishing a proposed ICANN "At-Large Supporting Organization"
|
| If you are interested in exploring a role for your organization in
| establishing a proposed ICANN "At-Large Supporting Organization" to
| provide an individual user view on technical coordination of the
| Internet's domain name system, please send an email to
| comments at atlargestudy.org by February 1, 2002. Read on for more
| details!

  [...]

| Next Steps
| ICANN's Board has indicated its support for informed, sustained
| involvement of interested individuals in ICANN, and is expected
| to make a final decision on the proposed ALSO in March. We expect
| that a factor in this decision will be the demonstrated level of
| interest in creating a regionally based ALSO. To help address this
| issue, we ask that your organization consider whether its interests
| and/or membership might coincide with an At-Large organization,
| and, if so, whether there is interest in exploring a role for your
| organization in the ALSO's creation. Please indicate in an email to
| the ALSC if your organization is interested in discussing a role in
| 1) outreach to individual Internet users,
| 2) conferring At-Large membership on interested members of your
|    organization,
| 3) starting a "founders group" to help establish a regional and/or
|    global ALSO structure, and
| 4) other activities (please define).

http://www.atlargestudy.org/solicitation.shtml

(I'm not sure whether February 1 really is the deadline --
the document is undated, I didn't see anything about this
on the ALSC list and the document has last been modified
01/30/2002. But hurrying up can't be wrong...)

Best regards,
/// Alexander