[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Repost of Membership Application of KWPS

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jan 8 15:29:34 CET 2002

I support this application. But please let them
know that they must pay small-organization membership
fee.

>>> Chun Eung Hwi <ehchun at peacenet.or.kr> 01/06/02 18:40 PM >>>
Dear ncdnhc members,

As I wrote in membership update notice, this organization had applied on
last November last year, but had not attracted members' attention. So, I
repost it for your consideration. I support this organization.

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr

Membership Application of KWPS

A. Basic Information for Organization

 1. What is the name of your Organization?

 The Korean Women's Political Solidarity(KWPS)

 2. Is the Organization a member of any other constituency in the
 Domain Name Supporting Organization of ICANN?

 No

 3. What is the major domain name of the Organization?
 womanpower.or.kr

 4. Does the Organization have a website and if so, would you provide
 the URL?
 http://www.womanpower.or.kr

 B. Contact information for Representative of Organization

 1. What is your name and title with the Organization?
 Young-ok, Kim (Executive Director)

 2. How can other representatives reach you? (email, telephone, fax
 appreciated)
 email : wopo at womanpower.or.kr
 Tel. : 82-2-3272-6324
 Fax : 82-2-714-7531

 3. How is it that you have come to represent the Organization in this
 Constituency? (Please furnish appropriate indication that the
Organization
 has authorized your articipation, for example, vote of membership, vote
 of directors, action by officer(s) or consensus of members.)

 The Executive Board at the 11th meeting authorized me to
 represent (KWPS) in this Constituency.

 4. Are there other representatives from your Organization who will be
 participating in this Constituency? Is so, who is authorized to vote on
 behalf of the Organization?

  No

 C. Purpose of Organization:

 1. What are the Organization's primary activities?
 (OBJECTIVES )

 i) women's political empowerment
 ii) promote women's participation in local community activities
 iii) address and resolve local problems
 iv) to assemble and discipline volunteers
 v) to provide disciplined volunteers to each woman candidate
 iv) forge women volunteers

 2. What are the Organization's primary activities on the Internet?
 i) New arena for women's participation space
    ii) Cultivating more equitable and participatory culture
    iii) Sharing local/global resources
    iv) Fair and balanced communication order

 3. Please furnish a statement of how the Organization's purposes and
 activities conform to the NCDNHC Constituency's goals and membership
 requirements. This should be a narrative statement which specifically
 describes the Organization's purposes and activities and may include
 references to charter or by-law provisions.

  Internet and its new scope of cyberspace are emerging concerns for most
civic organizations. Moreover, it unfolds many possibilities and
challenges
us to make new custom and culture. Internet governance is more fundamental
issue and concerned with general user's environment. We, as a women's
organization, hope to contribute to extend its utilities and forge more
participation in decision making process.

 D. Type of Organization:

 Please furnish information regarding your Organization's
 legal status -- is it incorporated (if so, in what jurisdiction) or
 unincorporated? If incorporated, doe it have a not-forprofit or
 non-commercial status?
 KWPS is a not-for-profit Organization

 E. Size of Organization:

 The NCDNHC will have two subgroups: one for Large and the other for Small
 Organizations. Please indicate the category of membership or employee
 size. If the Organization has both members and employees, please answer
 both questions.

 1. Are you a membership organization? If so, does the Organization have
 under or over 1000 members? What type of individuals or entities are
 members of your Organization?

 We are a membership organization. At moment we have less than 1000
 members.  Everyone who is interested in our activities and share our
 objectives can join KWPS.  Although we have short history, we have
 many advisors like faculty members, professors, and representatives of
    both the public and private sector.

 2. If you are a non-member organization, do you have under or over 200
 employees?

 F. Conflict of Interest

 Note: Conflict of Interest may or may not be a bar to joining the NCDNHC.
 The hope is that by circulating information about our views, backgrounds,
 and possible conflicts of interests, others in the NCDNHC will have a
 better idea how to interpret and weigh the ideas that we put forward.

 1. For the Organization:

 Please furnish a brief statement concerning any possible conflict between
 the goals of the Constituency and the Organization's purposes, functions
 or activities.

 We do not find any possible conflict between the objectives of
 our organization and NCDNHC at all.

 Has the Organization been involved in Internet governance before? Does
 it have any developed positions that you would like others to know about?
 If so, please describe below or provide a URL.

 No.  No KWPS has never been involved in Internet governance before.

 2. For the Representative:

 As individuals, many of us have been involved in Internet governance
 before. If you have any positions on Internet governance that you wold
 like others to read about (taken on behalf of this Organization or others
 or as an individual), please feel free to tell us about them or drop a
URL
 below.

 No, I have not been involved in Internet Governance before, neither as
 individual or representative.

 G. Is there anything else you would like to add?

 H. To submit this membership form, you must send the above information to
 Announce at ICANN-NCC.ORG

 In addition to being circulated on the NCDNHC list, this
 information will be made available on the NCDNHC website so that new
 organizations, as they join the Constituency can read and learn about
 existing members.

 To become a member of NCDNHC, you should get at least two supporters.
 Other members could challenge your membership application.
 Therefore, even after you submit your application,
 it takes at least two weeks or more.
 You can confirm what would happen at web archive of member's
 announcement mailinglist.
 (http://http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/announce/)
 If your application would not be accepted even after all requirements are
 to be fulfilled, please send email to Membership at ICANN-NCC.ORG

 Membership at ICANN-NCC.ORG