[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Mission creep and consumer protection

James Love love at cptech.org
Thu Feb 14 16:32:32 CET 2002

I would like to respond to Milton's comments on who is doing what about
various consumer protection issues.  I agree that there is attention to
issues that concern rival registrars, such as slaming issues.   But I
haven't seen much about how registry prices are regulated by ICANN.  If
there is a solution to this, I would like to know what it is, particularly
given some big differences in registry prices in different tlds, and the
fact that historical policies on .org, .net and .com were determined by DOC,
but DOC was not involved in pricing of the new TLDs and pricing of ccTLDs
have been all over the map.    Jamie