[ncdnhc-discuss] TANTIS -- Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Membership Update!

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Feb 8 07:21:09 CET 2002

I support this TANTIS's application, but have a question.

Some of the explanation about TANTIS makes it sound a bit like an
industry association, and we do not permit members that represent the
interests of commercial organizations, charter text:

"The membership of the NCDNHC specifically excludes commercial entities and
associations of or for the benefit of commercial entities (even if they are
non-commercial in form), and also excludes organizations which use the Internet
primarily for commercial activity, even if their other activities are
non-commercial."  <http://198.6.250.8/docs/charter/drafts/20000921.html>

Could we have clarification that TANTIS does not represent the
commercial interests of the 3 ISPs mentioned in the application.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Peake
GLOCOM Tokyo