[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussionof wholesale price for names

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 29 16:27:07 CEST 2002

Harold its more than just Scalability Issues, its the old manual processes
of creating the orders and maintaining the lists of who and what is what.
The other issue is the unmodeld linkage between the Registries and the
Registrars. So what happens is that there are essentially two complete sets
of Data Bases that needs to be maintained. The first at the registrars and
the second set at the registries... Unfortunately the Registries DB must
include the Customer Data and the DNS Databases as well, so their world is
even more complex than the registrars...

So perhaps there need to be a better set of operational models for how
registrars and registries communicate.

Todd