[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussion of wholesale price for names

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Aug 27 16:45:10 CEST 2002

People getting agitated, it almost seems as if there's an issue here.
Wonder if ICANN should be encouraged to review it's current wholesale
price mechanism :-)

Milton, I do not think it's realistic to expect any significant
number of new TLDs anytime soon. And probably no new open TLDs
anytime. Period (I am not saying I think this is a good thing.)
While I think you might be right about competition generally, I can't
see it happening.

I think a  review would be extremely sensible. It would be hard to do
well and would be something of a test for the efficacy reformed
organization.  And a review might be fun to watch!

Thanks,

Adam