[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council agenda item request: discussion of wholesale price for names

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Aug 21 17:16:02 CEST 2002

You are proposing more detailed regulation of
registry prices, however a clearer and simpler alternative
is simply to define a method for regular and open
entry into registry services (i.e., new TLDs), so
that competition defines the wholesale as well as
the retail price.

>>> "todd glassey" <todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net> 08/21/02 10:52AM >>>
I would agree Adam that this needs to be revisited. The wholesale prices for
domains were established last when the world was in its first Internet
Commerce Frenzy and before the market dropped out from under the Dot Coms...
Based on that, there still is an ever increasing amount of commerce flowing
over the Internet, but this does not necessarily make any of the domain's
that are dot net or dot com more valuable than others.

I also support a review of the Wholesale Pricing models for all the original
TLD's

Todd Glassey