[ncdnhc-discuss] [long] The NCDNHC's .org report is numerically inconsistent.

Thomas Roessler roessler at does-not-exist.org
Tue Aug 20 23:54:11 CEST 2002

On 2002-08-20 17:46:41 -0400, Harold J. Feld wrote:

>ISOC was the only applicant to address the privacy issue with
>ORGCloak service.  The description makes clear this was done to
>safeguard noncommercial speakers.

Ah, ok.  I have to admit that, when I saw that one, I thought much
more about "personal" registrations than "non-commercial" ones...  I
read through that part of the application fairly quickly, so I
missed the rationale for this service. Thanks for the clarification.

>The caveat that it will consult with the IPC to implement the
>service in a way that will still allow intellectual property
>holders and law enforcement to have access to necessary
>information to persue legitimate claims does not negate the
>usefulness of the service. The ORGSURE certification service
>would, on its own, constitute a "low" on the services, such as was
>done with ORGFoundation.

>I see no services targeted to IP users.

I suppose that ORGwatch could be pretty appealing to them.

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler at does-not-exist.org>