[ncdnhc-discuss] [Draft Proposal]conflicts of interests/ representatives

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sat Apr 27 03:27:09 CEST 2002

Dear YJ,

it is very positive that you approach this question with a policy
proposal. We should build upon the resolutions on the subject already
worked out to some extent (we still are missing formal steps).

I would not necessarily endorse that a representative resign from all the
bodies you mention. What would be doubtless correct, though, is recusing
from voting and in most cases participation in discussions on the subject
where there is conflict.

The other key point is that as soon as a person is in a position of
conflict of interest, he/she must disclose it publicly and appropriately.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8405
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org